Balinese Winged Mermaid Sea Goddess Mobile Spiritchaser is crafted in Bali by a talented family of artisans. Albesia wood, a sustainable fast growing wood is hand carved & hand painted with a vibrant purple hues of acrylic paints and decorated with touches of gold leaf on her flowing wings and belt. The faces are so sweet!
- Each goddess will have a slightly different than the goddess pictured. This is not a flaw but a reflection of the handcrafted nature of this unique product.
- The wings are removable for easy shipping.
- Complete with cord and ready to hang.
- Approx. size: 15" long head to tail x
- Ships FAST from our location in the USA
Story of Winged Guardians
The Flying Winged Spirit Guardians (also sometimes called "Cradle Guardians") myth goes all the way back ancient Majapahit Mythology, the roots of Balinese culture and art.
These Guardian figures are still produced by Balinese artisans today for they have deep cultural & spiritual significance. Typically these carvings have been used in temples or homes since ancient times to ward off evil spirits. They are always hung in a high spot, or if a statue placed on a beam or shelf looking down towards a door or window. Many types may be found from flying angels (known as "Dewi" which means "Goddess" in Balinese), animals or strange hybrids, such as head of a horse head & tail of a fish, or "Gajamina" head of an elephant & tail of a fish. It is believed that a Flying Guardian placed in your home or sacred space will drive away evil spirits and protect the premises from harm.